HILT therapy or high intensity laser therapy is conducted with HIRO devices. HIRO device is considered one of the most modern laser machines with a standard Nd : Yag laser available today.
Characteristics of HILT:
- High energy peak ( 3KW )
- High energy ( 150 – 350 mj)
- Short period of time (120 – 150 us)
HIRO device produces a high amount of warmth in a very short period of time, so the patient will feel the warmth in the treated area.
HIRO HAS A STRONG EFFECT ON THE BODY:
- joint inflammation is diminished and cartilage regeneration is stimulated
- contractures are dealt with very efficiently
- it has a strong analgetic effect
- reabsorption of fluids
- local metabolism is enhanced and balanced
- circulation is enhanced
- edema are diminished
There are two ways of using HIRO device.
Analgesia is used in most cases – diminishing pain, inflammation, contractures, neuralgia etc. The treatment takes about 20 minutes and is divided in 6 phases. All body parts except the head can be treated.
2. CARTILAGE REGENERATION
This procedure requires certain prerequisites. Therapy is advised only to the patients with diagnosed osteoarthritis where lesions are classified after RTG as stage 2 or 3 on the Allbach scheme. The treatment takes about 10 minutes, and best results are present in gonarthrosis.
INDICATIONS for HIRO HILT:
- tendon pathology (tendinitis, peritendinitis, partial lesions)
- muscle lesions
- posttraumatic edema
- bursitis, synovitis
- degenerative pathology (osteoarthritis, chondropathy)
- sports injuries